A metaphor of the corruption of female promiscuity on the morals of men?

Film critic, photographer, writer. Books include Suckers (vampires), Stiff Lips (ghosts), The Ex (ghosts) & monographs about The Thing & Let the Right One In.http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AnneBillson


AB
Sex doll. http://pic.twitter.com/pK5ezLsp


CK
Sex doll http://pic.twitter.com/9Rq3v0S9 perfectly represents the corruption of female promiscuity.

AB
No, I don't think so.

CK
What made you retweet that image then?

AB
It's a photo I took of a sex doll covered with rubber swamp creatures. That is all.

CK
I just *love* it.

CK
It seems very symbolic and rather artistic.

CK
You must be trying to tell us something if you bought yourself a sex doll, put creepy crawlies over it, and took photo of that!

AB
Didn't buy myself sex doll. Was given it (mid-70s, when I took pic) by gay friends, as a joke. Already had the swamp creatures.

AB
If you think that image is about female promiscuity being corrupting, I reckon that says more about you than about the image.

CK
Well, it is a very potent image and can be interpreted in more than one way. Anyway, female promiscuity *is* corrupting.

CK
What does thinking that that photo is about female promiscuity say about me?

CK
A sex doll says: "Any man can pick me up and use me any way he likes. He doesn't even have to wash me after use."

AB
Everyone's interpretation of imagery is personal. It's not for me to analyse your interpretation; you can do that if you want.

CK
Curious about what you think my interpretation of your photo says about me as you were saying it says something about me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 30 second rapist

Verse in Koran implicitly accepts the existence of brothels

My interpretation of that wife-beating verse 4:34