Unconscious and pregnant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012fs67#synopsis

Pregnant 35 year old woman has cardiac arrest.   Strenuous and officious efforts were made to keep her alive.  Husband apparently not consulted about how he would cope with an invalid wife and an infant son.

In the event wife dies soon after child delivered by Caesarian section.

Did anyone notice how female-dominated this programme was? Did anyone ask the husband what he thought? If I were him, I would have told the doctors to let her go. I would rather start again with a healthy wife than have to bring up a son all by myself.


If I had been that husband's mother, I would have told him what to do about his daughter-in-law.  


I wonder how much the whole exercise cost the NHS.  The programme is of course silent on this sort of thing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 30 second rapist

Verse in Koran implicitly accepts the existence of brothels

My interpretation of that wife-beating verse 4:34