The 30 second rapist

http://www.australian-news.com.au/anti_male.htm

"Perth resident Kevin Ibbs was having consensual sex with Christine Watson on the night of 29 November 1986. Watson, a close friend of Ibbs's wife, Katrina Carter, was living in the same house with Ibbs and Carter. The sex act was taking place with the full knowledge of Carter who was in the house at the time.

As Ibbs was nearing ejaculation, Watson suddenly withdrew her consent to sex (so she later claimed) and tried to push Ibbs away. He continued for a short time. Too late, he was trapped. He was charged with sexual assault and found guilty under the new law. The judge found that Ibbs had continued sexual intercourse for about thirty seconds without consent (for which he was later dubbed the 30-second rapist). The judge sentenced him to four years imprisonment."

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/HCA/1987/46.html

"Some years later Watson admitted to police that the whole incident was a set-up orchestrated by Carter to have Ibbs charged with sexual assault to get him out of the house they were sharing.

Christine Elizabeth Watson a.k.a. Christine Elizabeth Wardle and Katrina Ann Carter were subsequently convicted of conspiring to pervert the course of justice. They served seven months in jail.

Mr Ibbs was acquitted in 2001 but the damage was done. He says that his health has been affected, his career as a tradesman has been ruined and the whole affair has cost him over one million dollars."



 

Comments

Oksanna said…
The then W.A. Attorney General Jim McGinty refused to give Ibbs compensation, but on appeal he was awarded a generous (/sarc) sum of $20,000 by the High Court of Australia, and Ibbs body was later found under a bridge. Suicide. His life ruined. The reason the woman confessed was because they were lesbian lovers and later split up. When thieves fall out, as they say.
There is little online of what happened to Ibbs later, but all the above is 100% true. Sad to say.
Anonymous said…
That's so very shocking and tragic news about Kevin. I knew him inside and most people felt he was just saying,as people do, that he was innocent. He sat and talked to me often and was in the art class I attended. I only wish I could have gotten in touch with him many years ago. Maybe he'd feel different with a friend around and maybe he's still be alive. So sorry Kevin, you were innocent but you never got justice!!!!!
Unknown said…
Kevin Ibbs was and will always be an evil dog who deserved to rot in hell. He may cry because he got sentenced for 30second rape- he obviously wasn’t in jail for long because in 1988 he was in a relationship with my mother. My mum had moved me and my 3 sisters into his home in Langford. A couple months later he molested me attempted a second time , I ended up running away from home I was 13. No one believed me at first and then he molested my sisters. Still no charge stuck and he got away with it. Then at 14 the welfare suggest I give it another shot because I wanted to be with my sisters and my mum he attempted to kill me so I ran away again.
That charge stuck and he was charged with grevious assault. Years later while he was locked up my mum finally built the courage to leave , he was very violent to her. She had suffered so many beatings off this dog. When he got out of jail he found her walking down a street in kelmscott area and stabbed her multiple times and slashed her throat before leaving her to die on the side of the road. She survived, and he was charged again. He is no poor guy. He is an animal. He does not deserve pity. Look at his charges after the fact! I’m glad his daughter didn’t have to meet him who knows what he would have done to her. I’m glad he killed himself. All his victims can now live their lives instead of being too frightened to do so.
Anonymous said…
Kevin was an angry person,while inside. An unfair situation had put him in a prison and every day he confessed his innocence. I met him in about 1992.Heis a poor victim of caniving lesbians, who could have simply come clean and walked away from him.
Anonymous said…
That bastard sexually molested my little sister! My mum worked with his wife and they talked about fishing because my little sister loved to fish. He used to take her fly fishing and teach her how to make the lures. Soon my mum started to notice a drastic change in her and she became extremely withdrawn. He was a vile piece of trash who changed my baby sisters life forever. I’m glad the stinkin mongrel died!! Good riddance and I hope he’s rotting in hell!!
Anonymous said…
I am the other sister of anonymous above. To say he drastically changed the course of our baby sisters life is an understatement! That vile mongrel destroyed her raping her numerous times and his wife knew about it! He probably took his own life because he knows what he did to her and others. Reading about that other family up above is so sad and sickening. My heart breaks for her and her sisters and Mum. Im glad the Dog is dead! He destroyed my sisters life and her took her innocence!! Kevin Ibbs was far from an innocent man. He was 100% a Rapist and a Pedophile and that is just straight facts!! In this thread alone there are stories of him doing this to at least 3-4 children. I’m sure there are more! There is a special place in hell for him and like my sister said, I hope he’s rotting in hell!!

Popular posts from this blog

Verse in Koran implicitly accepts the existence of brothels

My interpretation of that wife-beating verse 4:34