How to prevent spousal exploitation and domestic violence

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2009/oct/05/bbc-licence-fee-criminal-justice

To address the problem of spousal exploitation, I would pass a law requiring all couples to sign up a marriage contract before a marriage is legally recognised by law. For any contract to be valid, a mediator or an odd number of mediators would have to be appointed by the couple. This is to enable one of them to complain about the unreasonable behaviour of the other, before getting to the end of their tether and resorting to knifing their husbands.

The wife can then ring her mediator and say: "He insists on buggering me every time we have sex. I don't enjoy it and I have had enough. Nowhere does it say in our marriage contract that a conjugal obligation exists on my part to submit to this disgusting and perverted practice. Could you have a word with him, please?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 30 second rapist

Verse in Koran implicitly accepts the existence of brothels

My interpretation of that wife-beating verse 4:34